Here at Lloyd & Cowan we are thrilled to be working with a practice who have an opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly, dedicated and supportive team.
Their Veterinary Surgeons are at the front line of delivering exceptional care and play an integral part of each one of their sites. From routine health checks to advanced surgeries, you’ll work directly with clients and their pets to offer care that’s bespoke to them.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills who is able to work to a very high standard both medically and surgically. There is an element of sole charge work involves so confidence to undertake that is essential.
Salary package of up to £66,369 PA, Including:
- Accommodation Allowance.
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle.
- CPD Allowance.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS, BVA fees.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours a week over four days but they're open to negotiation.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 4 days a week and 1:6 full weekends but they would like to hear what could work for you
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock.
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock.
- Euthanise patients.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Registered with the RCVS.
- Qualified MRCVS.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills.
This practice is in a charming, historical market town, set in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside. Right on the Crowle Moors, it is close to Scunthorpe and a short drive from the Lincolnshire Wolds. As well as the in-house services at the practice, the team also have access to all the services which include CT Imaging, hydrotherapy, MRI and Ultrasound.
The team currently consists of one vet supported by an head nurse and a patient care assistant.
If you wish to apply send a CV through the link with a mention of when you will be available for a registration call.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Sophie on 07519119233 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them. If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.