Our client is on the lookout for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their team of 11 (FTE) Vets and is looking to study for a surgery or dental certificate.
What the team asked for and how the practice delivered:
1. A better work-life balance – so they now close on Sundays and Bank Holidays
2. No more staying late – everybody gets afternoon ‘admin time’ for reporting these results or speaking to owners
3. No more rude customers – one strike and you’re out. A warning letter for inappropriate behaviour. Repeat offenders then get a sacking letter.
4. Clear career development – career pathways for every position, from trainee Receptionists, right through to experienced Vets
5. Support and mentoring – regular line manager conversations, discussing and implementing change within an agreed timeline.
· Salary up to £55,000 (pro-rata), depending on experience
· Hours – 4-day week with a flexible shift pattern, 15-minute consultations and sacred break times throughout the day
· Regular operating days
· No OOHs
· Focus on employee well-being, including a well-being champion, team sports day, pumpkin-carving competition, and an art club
· Avid fundraisers for local and national clients: Fruity Friday, Harvest Festival, sponsored walk, Easter-bonnet competition
· ‘Employee of the Month’ award decided by nominations from the entire team
· Practice social events
· 1 in 4 Saturdays, no Sundays or Bank Holidays
· Holidays – 5 weeks plus Bank Holidays
· Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
· Enhanced sick, maternity, and paternity pay
· Certificate study hugely encouraged and fully funded (9 of their Vets either hold certificates or are on their way there)
· CPD Allowance £1750/annum with 5 days paid – more if you’re a certificate holder
· Career progression opportunities and regular development reviews
· Annual pay reviews
· Paid memberships
· Benefits such as company pension, Health Shield, and various discounts including retail and gym membership
· Company sick pay
· Heavily discounted treatment for your pets
What they need from you:
· A desire to work as part of a team, assisting with junior colleagues to reach their absolute fullest potential
· Brilliant customer service skills
· Experience working in small animal, first opinion clinic
· Confidence with both consulting and routine surgeries
· Great communication skills
· Ambition, passion, and motivation
· RCVS registration and right to work in the UK
If you wish to apply send a CV through the link with a mention of when you will be available for a registration call.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Paul on 07936947875 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them.
If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.