We at Lloyd & Cowan are pleased to be working with a practice who have an opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the team at their purpose-built practice in Whittlesey, Peterborough.
Their veterinary surgeons are at the front line of delivering exceptional care and play an integral part of each one of their sites. From routine health checks to advanced surgeries, you’ll work directly with clients and their pets to offer care that’s bespoke to them. In return, they offer excellent remuneration packages, a good work/life balance and will provide support to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job. They offer excellent long-term prospects, with advancement in skills and specialism actively encouraged, plus support with certificate funding.
In this role you will be exposed to a variety of cases whilst having access to a digital x-ray system, ultrasound, multiparametric monitor, internal lab and much more. This is a great opportunity to work in their multi-vet practice in an environment where their experienced Vets will support you by sharing skills and knowledge.
Salary of up to £58,000 PA, including:
- Accommodation allowance.
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and meals out.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours a week over four days with 1:3 half weekends and no OOH. They're open to negotiation.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock.
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock.
- Euthanise patients.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Registered with the RCVS.
- Qualified MRCVS.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills.
The team at Whittlesey deliver exceptional care to clients and patients, from routine vaccinations to surgery and emergency treatment. Their surgery is fully equipped with modern facilities and diagnostic equipment. The team currently consists of 4 vets supported by experienced nurses and client care assistants. Their light and airy practice has been refurbished in the last two years and offers plenty of natural light into their large premises. They offer a large on-site parking, spacious reception, staff room area and a lovely garden.
They’re located in the part of England where the rain falls the least and the sun shines the most! The town of Whittlesey sits on the very western edge of the fens, 6 miles east of Peterborough.
Peterborough is a large city best known for its magnificent gothic Cathedral. Its central location gives you the perfect opportunity to explore, the beautiful seaside of the West Norfolk coast, and Peterborough station also offers direct rail links to London King’s Cross in just an hour.
For more Information or to express your interest in this opportunity send a CV to Sophie via the Link.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Sophie on 07519119233 or email a CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them.If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.