Our client that we are delighted to be working with have an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a Small Animal Vet to join their fantastic. With some years’ experience of small animal care, you will have a good working knowledge of core procedures and proven excellent client service skills.
You will be covering two of their practices in Stapenhill and Stretton (they are just 4 miles apart), Stretton is the smaller of the two sites so spending one day there a week consulting followed by the remainder of the week at Stapenhill with an equally shared rota of surgical and consult time.
With regular returning customers you will build and enjoy the long-term rapport that is built over time. They offer a full range of services for the pets but where there is an extremely complex case they can rely on the support of the referral team. Out of hours services are also provided.
Rota and Salary:
The role is full time, working 4 days per week, but part-time applicants may also fit the needs well so please get in touch if that is something that would suit you. General opening hours are 8am to 7pm with an even balance of early and late finishes with some weekend work.
Salary of up to £49,500 depending on experience
Relocation allowance up to £5,000
They are proud to offer outstanding care to pets and their owners in Staffordshire and surrounding areas. As well as having a central hospital with a referral centre and a dedicated night team, they have local practices such as Stapenhill and Stretton that are in the heart of the communities, offering first class care at a convenient location for pet owners. The modern equipment at Stapenhill and Stretton practices include digital x ray, ultra sound, and dental x ray. They have two operating theatres plus three consulting rooms so therefore provide an all-round service.
They are RCVS accredited for small animal general practice and they have a team of 6 vets supported by a number of qualified and experienced nurses, they also have client care advisors as the first point of contact with their patients and their patients people. They proactively run many clinics such as weight and behaviour management and puppy training. They are a long-established team here and they greatly enjoy working with each other and the environment together.
Required skills and experience….
1. Experienced in small animal work (ideally a minimum of 2 years small animal practice)
2. Great client communication skills
3. Ability to make decisions, prioritise and delegate.
4. An interest in medicine and imaging
5. Commitment to continuous development
Would be good to have….
1. Ambition to grow your own practice and build your own base
2. Have a relevant veterinary certificate or business-related post-graduate qualification
3. A local working knowledge of their competitor practices
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
For more Information or to express your interest in this Opportunity send a CV to Paul via the Link.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Paul on 07936947875 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068. If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them.
If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.