Here at Lloyd & Cowan we are working with a practice where you won’t just be part of the team, you’ll be part of their nationwide family. They’ve built a network of over 330 practices with 20 state-of-the-art 24-hour centres that are all home to a family of professionals who provide a high standard of care. You won’t just help to deliver care, you’ll deliver exceptional care for your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all supported by your colleagues and some of the best training and development in the industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Surgical Certificate holder - Veterinary Surgeon to join our professional, personable team at their practice in Liverpool.
They are looking for a vet who is confident in advanced orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, who is currently working towards or has their surgical certificate.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing their values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing their one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
This is a full time role working over 4 days per week with 1:6 full weekends however a 7 on 7 off work pattern could also be considered.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in small animal surgery, including ability to perform TPLO/TTAs or equivalent, fracture repair and complex soft tissue (eg. perineal urethrostomy)
- Surgical certificate highly desirable
- Willingness to mentor keen surgeons within the practice
- Commitment to evidence-based clinical practice
- While this is not a consulting role, clear and empathetic client communication is essential
- 3 to 5 vets on rota daily, with guidance and support where needed
- Separate cat and dog wards
- A highly skilled and experienced nursing team
- Dedicated night team to see your cases through the night on site
- Onsite CT, ultrasound, endoscopy, and all the expected in house labs
- Located close to some of the best of what Liverpool has to offer and close to the airport
For more Information or to express your interest in this opportunity send a CV to Sophie via the Link.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Sophie on 07519119233 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them. If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.