If you are an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse looking for better home/life balance or a newly qualified nurse in the early stages of your career, then our client that we are delighted to be working with have an exciting opportunity available at their practice.
They can offer 30-40 hours per week. They open Monday to Saturday and TOIL days in the week will be offered in return for Saturdays. They are fans of flexible working as well, so if full time isn’t right for you then please let them know and they can discuss. They can look at compressed hours, or school hours only for the right candidate. Sole Charge will be required on Saturdays (with a Vet and Receptionist). 2nd year SVNs who have completed their NPL are welcome to apply.
They’re proud to be a training practice and want nurses to bring all of their skills to the role. You can influence practice protocols and develop your own areas of interest, and they’re really enthusiastic about you gaining further qualifications.
Their Veterinary Nurses are encouraged to consult just as much as the Veterinary Surgeons, to fully utilise all their skills. They support every opportunity to develop your own passion whether it’s minor surgery, bunnies, geriatrics, anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, rehabilitation… Let them know what part of the role makes you light up. They’re supportive, with an award winning track record for looking after new grad vets and nurses. They’re a high quality first opinion practice, and they host a visiting orthopaedic surgeon so your theatre skills will be well used.
Between their dedicated Client Care Assistants and their wonderful Practice Manager, reception and insurance paperwork are covered so their nurses can dedicate more of their time to building strong relationships with clients. They are client focussed, so liking people is just as important as loving the pets they trust them with.
Located on the edge of Harrogate near Knaresborough, the surgery is easily accessible by bus, train or car.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
· Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
· Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
· Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
· Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
· Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
· Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
The successful candidate will be qualified as an RVN (or soon to be qualified) and willing to be a clinical coach. They will share enthusiasm for clinics, surgical nursing and inpatient care, and have good rapport with clients. They’re looking for someone diligent, with good attention to detail, who is naturally empathetic and loves being part of a team who work together to become more than the sum of their parts.
They love to develop people and encourage school work experience and EMS students, so the ideal candidate will be willing to mentor. They believe in a just culture and foster and safety culture. They are an inclusive and friendly bunch and want you to feel that you can work in a place where you are true to yourself. Diversity in enthusiastically embraced!
In return of your dedication and high quality work, they can offer:
· Excellent Career Development Opportunities
· Flexible working hours and no OOH
· Contributory pension scheme
· Income Protection after 1 Years Service
· Birthday Day Off
· Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc) and Uniform
· Exclusive company discounts and rewards
If you wish to apply send a CV through the link with a mention of when you will be available for a registration call.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Sophie on 07519119233 or email a CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them.
If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE