Are you a veterinary surgeon comfortable with working nights? Would you like two of every four weeks off?
Here at Lloyd & Cowan we are thrilled to be working with a practice who have an opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the friendly and experienced night team at their 24 hour hospital in Norwich.
In this role you will be responsible for dealing with all out-of-hours care within both the hospital and the surrounding clinics alongside a dedicated night nurse and a night patient care assistant, as well as having on-call vets and nurses available should you require additional support.
Salary of up to £55,000 PA, including:
- Accommodation Allowance.
- Company Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
This is a permanent, part-time role working nights on a 7 on 14 off rotation but they're open to negotiation
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock.
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock.
- Euthanise patients.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Registered with the RCVS.
- Qualified MRCVS.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Excellent organisational skills.
This practice is a fully equipped hospital facility with a varied caseload and a team of 8 day vets with eclectic interests, such as soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics, internal medicine and exotics. It's a spacious practice with separate dog, cat & exotics wards, endoscopy, digital x-ray, dental x-ray and holds a cat friendly status.
Along with their expertise in all furry creatures, we have a special interest in the treatment of exotic pets, making them the best local all-rounder to support their patients health. Specialist equipment enables the team to provide a high standard of care for all their patients, including smaller ultrasound probes, endoscopy systems, a dedicated exotics ward and special dentistry equipment and instruments for smaller patients.
The practice is situated just outside the beautiful city of Norwich, offering a wealth of historic buildings, one of the finest Cathedrals in England and a magnificent castle overlooking the City. The countryside is on our doorstep and we are a stone’s throw away from the Norfolk Broads and Norfolk Coastline.
For more Information or to express your interest in this opportunity send a CV to Sophie via the Link.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Sophie on 07519119233 or email a CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them. If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.