We are thrilled to be working with a practice who is on the hunt for a talented veterinary surgeon to join their diverse team of 11 vets, 5 RVNs, 3 Student nurses and 4 support staff on a permanent basis.
The role is permanent with the successful candidate Ideally covering full-time hours (36 hours per week). However, the practice appreciates that everyone’s situation is different, so they will also support part-time applicants. A full-time position would require a 4-day week, 1 in 18 weekends and an out-of-hours night rota (1 in 21 nights). No two days will be the same, you’ll have a varied caseload from rom Orthopaedics, dental, soft tissue surgery, medicine cases as well as routine surgeries.
A salary of up to £50,000 DOE.
Exposure to a great caseload.
The opportunity to work with an excellent range of equipment.
The chance to work in the historic city of Derry.
Located in the heart of Derry, the practice provides a wide variety of extensive services, from hospitalisation and intensive care to routine diagnostic testing performed on-site, the hospital has ultrasound, x-ray, and dental facilities.
They have a separate surgical suite and strive to provide the best in anaesthetic and surgical care, from routine spays and neuters to orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery. Should the need for referral arise, they have excellent relationships with many specialists in areas such as internal medicine, critical care, surgery, cardiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, and oncology. The practice has a long-standing history of providing first-class service/treatment in the local area, therefore they have an extremely loyal client base!
Derry is a fabulous place to work. Its rich history and booming cultural scene is not something that every city can boast! You’ll have access to a fine array of leisure facilities, theatres, museums, pubs, restaurants, cafes, outdoor rural walks, nature & wildlife preserves as well as much more!
What type of candidate they are looking for:
Ideally, the practice is looking for an experienced small animal vet that is competent in all routine surgeries. Experience in a sole-charge environment would be a bonus! They’d also love to hear from new graduates as they can provide full training and support.
In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 31 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Relocation bonus of up to £3000
• Accommodation available
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
For more Information or to express your interest in this opportunity send a CV to Paul via the Link.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Paul on 07936947875 or email a CV to email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068. If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them.
If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.