Here at Lloyd & Cowan we are working closely with a practice in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, that in fact are searching for a motivated and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon.
· This practice is searching for a motivated and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to expand their hospital team
· They are looking for a confident and capable all-rounder, who strives for high clinical standards in general practice
· The role will be split between consulting, operating, and inpatient management
· A level of experience is required, and an interest or certificate in ECC or Internal Medicine would be advantageous, but not essential
· Sole charge work at branch surgeries is limited to consultations only, with all procedures carried out at the hospital.
· There is no out-of-hours work, and weekend days are worked on a negotiable rota
As this position will expand the current team, flexible roles will be considered, and individuals with specialists’ interests will be supported. For instance, a preference for weekend-only or twilight shift patterns would be considered, and applicants with an ECC or Internal Medicine bias could suit a dedicated inpatient role.
· Salary of £40,000 - £65,000+ pro rata (DOE)
· 40 hours / 4-day week
· No OOH – dedicated on-site night team
· 1/6 weekend rota (day only) with full TOIL – subject to change as team increases
· 33 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
· 5 days CPD minimum with uncapped budget (within reason!)
· BVA, BSAVA, RCVS, VDS paid memberships
· Ability to progress clinically and professionally
· Central hospital with 3 branches
· 10 Day Vets, 3 Night Vets, 15 Day Nurses, 3 Night Nurses, 3 Kennel Assistance, 2 Lab Techs
· RVN training practice
· VetGP Advisor practice
· Merlin practice management software
This practice hospital is not just there for their patients and clients; they cultivate a progressive and supportive attitude towards their colleagues’ health and wellbeing, to maximise their job satisfaction whilst protecting their personal life.
Located in the foot of the Chiltern Hills, Aylesbury Vale is a hearty mix of towns, rural villages, and stunning countryside. With direct train links to London, the location offers something for everyone.
What they offer its Patients and Clients:
· 24/7 access for routine and emergency cases
· Experienced Veterinary Surgeon with interest and advanced qualifications in ECC, ophthalmology, surgery, dentistry, exotics, and imaging
· An amazing team of motived nurses, with interests and advanced qualifications in dentistry, anaesthesia, behaviour, and ECC
· An extensive support team of friendly and professional receptionists, practice management, and insurance administrators
· A team of kennel assistants, who work hard to keep the Nurse team free for clinical work
· Separate cat, dog, exotic, and isolation wards
· Digital x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscopy, with plans for CT scanner expansion
· In-house laboratory, operated by full-time lad technicians
· Multiple theatres, procedure rooms, and prep room
· Unrivalled patient support, with multi-parameter monitoring and Bair Huggers in ever theatre, Ligasure electrocautery devices, and dedicated recovery nurse roles
· Dedicated dental suite with DR digital x-ray
· A competitive Heath Care plan
What they offer their Veterinary Surgeons:
· Clinical freedom of cases, whilst gently guiding towards gold standard care
· Clinical support from a friendly and experienced team
· No sales-target related pressure
· Supported and funded clinical advancement to Certificate level
· Respect for private life and time away from the practice
· Support from locums where needed, reducing unnecessary strain
· Rotas in advance, with accommodation of weekend commitments
What they offer all employees:
· An open dialogue about work pressures and how it fits into modern life, with active changes made to support the individual
· Membership to Health Shield
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· A substantial employee discounts
· 4 weeks sick leave (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay)
· Free employee parking
· Respect, both as an employee and as a human being, to protect mental and physical health and safeguard personal time
If you wish to apply send a CV through the link with a mention of when you will be available for a registration call.
For a confidential discussion about our opportunities call Paul on 07936947875 or email a CV to email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us on 02887658068.If you know someone else who may be interested, why not pass this advert on to them.
If we successfully place someone, you've referred to us; we'll give you £200 in high street vouchers as a way of saying thank you.
All applications will be treated in the STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.