Market leading salary
Settled/ loyal team
Modern, state of the art Practice
Work/ life balance
Lloyd & Cowan Veterinary Recruitment is a Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Consultancy. We supply and successfully place candidates to all the major veterinary groups as well as 1000s of independent practices across the UK.
Therefore, we are delighted to be working with an Independent Modern Veterinary Practice in the Hexham area, Northumberland, who are seeking to appoint a Head Veterinary Nurse.
· Responsible for leading the Nursing team at the branch.
· Responsible for all aspects of management of the nursing team.
· To act as a role model to all clinical staff, demonstrating clinical and leadership credibility.
· Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of administration.
· Work alongside the management team to ensure the smooth running of the branch.
· Participate in the hiring and training of new nurses and student nurses.
Skills & Attributes:
· A desire to help nurture a genuine compassionate and caring environment for staff and for patients.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· High standard of customer and patient care.
· The ability to work on your own initiative and to be self-motivated.
· A team player who can motivate others.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
· Committed and hard-working.
· The ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
· Confident, approachable and flexible.
· A desire to endeavour to do the right thing at all times.
· Hours: 37.5 hours per week (negotiable) plus Saturday mornings as part of rota.
· Holiday: 4 weeks and bank holidays plus 1 additional day per year up to 5 years’ service.
· Out-of-hours on-call as part of a shared rota.
· CPD allowance included and staff development encouraged.
· RCVS fees included.
· Salary: DOE
For more Information or to express your interest in this Opportunity send a CV to Paul via the Link.